We're here to help
Consulting & Presentations
Consulting & Presentations
everyBody Behavioral Health offers consulting services. If you need more information regarding our services please contact us here.
Dr. Shapiro has served as a consultant for:
- Structure House, Inc. 2010-2012
- Cellfish Media, Inc. 2009
- Health Informatics, Inc. 2007-2008
- RTI-International/UNC, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality 2004-2005
- Albany Medical Center, NY 1999-2000 (Study of Meridia)
everyBody Behavioral Health experts have given hundreds of presentations and workshops on various disordered eating topics.
AS SEEN ON
If you are interested in having someone from everyBody Behavioral Health speak at an upcoming event or for any media inquiry, please contact us at: [email protected]
Dr. Shapiro has been invited to present at many national and international venues:
- Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Alvarado Hospital, Julie Ellner, MD
- Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Wittgrove Bariatric
- Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Balboa Naval Hospital
- Bariatric Surgery Support Group, UCSD Weight Management Center
- Pomerado Hospital Nursing Grand Rounds, San Diego, CA (8/2016)
- UNC Chapel Hill Medical School Psychiatry Residency Lecture (2003 – 2009)
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Public Health (2003 – 2009)
- UNC Chapel Hill Wellness Center Weight Control Program (2006 – 2008)
- UNC Chapel Hill Department of Psychology (2003)
- UNC Chapel Hill, Women’s Center Carolina Women’s Center (11/2006)
- UNC Multidisciplinary Eating Disorders Conference, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Duke University Medical Center (2004, 2008)
- New Hanover Hospital Psychiatry Grand Rounds. Wilmington, NC (6/2008)
- University of Virginia, Psychiatry Grand Rounds (2/2007)
- Eating Disorders Research Society (10/2005)
- Obesity Medicine (4/14/2008)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (6/14/2018)
- Society for Adolescent Medicine (3/2008)
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Center for Medical Weight Loss. (7/2011)
- San Diego State University, Pathways of Health Workshop. (2/2011)
- Loma Linda University, Healthy People Conference. (3/2010)
- Interdisciplinary Program on Obesity. Rocky Mount, NC. (1/2007)
- Durham/Orange Dental Hygiene Society, NC. (11/2005)
- Chapel Hill School District Parents, Chapel Hill, NC (2/2008)
- Chapel Hill High School, Teen Awareness Week Chapel Hill, NC. (1/2008)
- Meredith College, Raleigh, NC (2/2008)
- Orange on the Move Coalition, Chapel Hill, NC (3/2005)
- Sharp HealthCare’s Obesity Crisis Conference. San Diego, CA (May 12, 2017)
- Scripps Second Annual Advanced Therapeutics Interventions to Optimize Obesity and Diabetes Care 2016, La Jolla, CA (October 21, 2016)
- Obesity Help National Conference, Garden Grove, CA (October 1, 2016)
- “Society for Adolescent Medicine”, Greensboro, NC. (2008)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference”, Montreal, Canada. (2005)
- “Eastern Psychological Association”, Providence, RI. (1999)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference”, Barcelona, Spain. (2006)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference”, Baltimore, MD (2007)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders, International Conference”, Seattle, Washington. (2008)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference”, Miami, Florida. (2011)
- “Academy for Eating Disorders International Conference”, Austin, TX. (2012)
- “Expert Conference: Technology Enhanced Treatment Delivery”. Heidelberg, Germany. (2007)
- “Interdisciplinary Eating Disorders Conference”. Prague. (2005)
- “Society of Behavioral Medicine Annual Meeting”, Baltimore, MD. (2004)
- “Society of Behavioral Medicine Annual Meeting”, Boston, MA. (2005)
- “North American Association for the Study of Obesity’s Scientific Meeting”, Long Beach, CA. (2000)
- “North American Association for the Study of Obesity’s Scientific Meeting”, Las Vegas, NV. (2004)
- “Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy”, New Orleans, LA. (2000)
- “Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy”, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (2001)
- “Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy”, Reno, Nevada. (2002)
- “Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy”, Boston, MA. (2003)
Some of Dr. Shapiro’s talk titles:
- “Eating Disorders: Facts, clinical presentation, and treatment”.
- “Treatment of eating disorders and obesity: Assessment and management of obesity”.
- “Emotional Eating: The relation between food and environmental triggers, thoughts, and feelings”.
- “Adolescents and Obesity: Physical and psychological consequences”.
- “Weight Concerns in Children: Behavioral Treatment”.
- “Childhood Weight Management: Tools and Techniques”.
- “Biopsychosocial Intervention for Childhood Weight Control”.
- “Psychological Health and Obesity: What the practitioner should know”.
- “The Effect of Weight Loss on Fibromyalgia Symptoms”.
- “Text messaging in the treatment of childhood overweight”.
- “Using Technology to Leverage Behavioral Treatment of Obesity”.
- “Through Thick and Thin; Relationships after Weight Loss Surgery”.
- “Pre-surgery Assessment for Obesity and Gastric Bypass Surgery”.
- “The Psychology of Bariatric Surgery”.
- “Psychological Support Mechanisms for Obesity”.
Tiffany Haug, RD Presentations:
- “Food Addiction, Fact or Fiction”, California Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2018 Conference in Pomona, CA (Scheduled for May, 2018)
- “Understanding All Things Sweet: Cravings, Addictions, & Sugar Substitutes” (2017), Obesityhelp National Conference in Long Beach, CA (2017)
- “Eating Disorder Signs and Symptoms in Children”, Presented to parents at La Jolla Country School in San Diego, CA (2017)
- “Body Acceptance”, San Diego State University (SDSU) fraternity fundraising event (2017)
- “Supporting Your Child with Nutrition: A Night for The Parents”, Parents of Patients with Eating Disorders (2016)
- “National Eating Disorder Awareness Week Guest Panelist”, Northern Illinois University (2015 & 2016)
For a complete list of presentations, please contact [email protected]